Aller au contenu

Writing back-to-school

Komuald

Messages recommandés

Hello, I'm a second year Linguistics student and I have an English assignment due next week.
Could you please correct it?

Komuald

Citation

What are your feelings about “La Rentrée”? Write around 200 words EITHER about the concept in general OR about a specific moment – funny, tragic or embarrassing – when you went back to school.

I have always been fascinated by the way « La Rentrée » could generate a great deal of anxiety and just as much enthusiasm, depending on how you relate to school.

As far as I’m concerned, from first to ninth grade, the end of the summer vacation brought me both excitement and apprehension. Indeed, I have always loved studying and learning new things but school has long meant bullying to me as well. This twofold feeling was pretty hard to handle to be honest but it seems like my love for knowledge has eventually turned out to be the strongest.

What has always struck me as well the first day back to school is how pupils judge and gauge each other throwing elusive and intrigued glances. The funny thing is that no matter how the fresh school year goes, we’re all essentially anxious to be communicated the schedule and obviously, to meet the teachers. Those two willings have always been the most important to students and it will probably remains the same for a long time to come.

Finally, it seems to me that beside being a relief for lots of parents, in my opinion, this annual back-to-school marks the beginning of a socialization process, essential for all kids, regarding their personal balance as well as their success.

• E-Bahut

Hi Komuald, welcome on board! :)

What are your feelings about “La Rentrée”? Write around 200 words EITHER about the concept in general OR about a specific moment – funny, tragic or embarrassing – when you went back to school.

I have always been fascinated by the way « La Rentrée » could generate a great deal of anxiety and just as much enthusiasm, depending on how you relate to school.

As far as I’m concerned, from first to ninth grade, the end of the summer vacation brought me both excitement and apprehension. Indeed, I have always loved studying and learning new things but school has long meant bullying to me as well. This twofold feeling was pretty hard to handle to be honest but it seems like my love for knowledge has eventually turned out to be the strongest.

What has always struck me as well the first day back to school is how pupils judge and gauge each other throwing elusive and intrigued glances. The funny thing is that no matter how the fresh school year goes, we’re all essentially anxious to be communicated the schedule and obviously, to meet the teachers. Those two willings have always been the most important to students and it will probably remains the same for a long time to come.

Finally, it seems to me that beside being a relief for lots of parents, in my opinion, <(redundancy) this annual back-to-school marks the beginning of a socialization process, essential for all kids, regarding their personal balance as well as their success.

Your English is quite good, congratulations!