Aller au contenu

English presentation

Tau

Messages recommandés

Good evening,

Some classmates and I have to make a presentation about Brexit and racism, in the form of a TV debate. I'm Boris Johnson and I answer the presenter's questions. 

Could you please correct it? (This work is in progress.)

Citation

- How do you explain racism increased since the 2016 Brexit referendum ?

Initially, Brexit is meant to be a necessary response to domestic policy issues. It was becoming a matter of urgency to provide an effective solution to the constantly emerging problems that have been threatening the national safety for too long now. I assume that people may have somewhat misunderstood my intention and then express their anger in such a contentious way. Obviously, it’s essential to emphasize the seriousness of the situation. Xenophobia is a scourge affecting every single one of our societies since the dawn of time. We cannot get away from it. Anywhere you look, it’s there. And it’s always been.

- Everyone knows about the Windrush Scandal. Aren't you afraid that withradawing will lead to similar troubles ?

Well, to be truly honest with you, I don’t think your question is worth considering. It would appear that the situation has led many detractors to resort to fallacious arguments in order to get what they want, namely disturbing the proper application of my policy. Once again, this referendum is meant to be a genuine and crucial remedy to the economic and political distress the UK has been through for several years. It’s quite simple. If you are aware of the problems we face, don’t prevent their resolution. Racism is a pretext.

Thanks!

• E-Bahut

Good evening,

- How do you explain racism increased since the 2016 Brexit referendum ?

Initially Brexit is was meant to be a necessary response to domestic policy issues. It was becoming a matter of urgency to provide an effective solution to the constantly emerging problems that have been threatening the national safety for too long now. I assume that people may have somewhat misunderstood my intention and then express their anger in such a contentious way. Obviously, it’s essential to emphasize the seriousness of the situation. Xenophobia is a scourge affecting every single one of our societies since the dawn of time. We cannot get away from it. Anywhere you look, it’s there. And it’s always been.

- Everyone knows about the Windrush Scandal. Aren't you afraid that withdrawing will lead to similar troubles ?

Well, to be truly honest with you, I don’t think your question is worth considering. It would appear that the situation has led many detractors to resort to fallacious arguments in order to get what they want, namely disturbing the proper application of my policy. Once again, this referendum is meant to be a genuine and crucial remedy to the economic and political distress the UK has been through for several years. It’s quite simple. If you are aware of the problems we face, don’t prevent their resolution. Racism is a pretext.

Great job!