Aller au contenu

Besoin D'aide Pour Corriger Ma Présentation

Lebe-dein-leben

Messages recommandés

Bonjour, je dois rédiger et présenter à l'oral un petit texte par rapport à un document audio que nous avons écouté en cours. 

Pourriez-vous le lire et corriger les éventuelles fautes que j'aurais pu commettre s'il vous plait? Merci d'avance 

Last week we heard an audio document about "Graffiti". The question was to know if graffiti should be seen as act of virtuosity or vandalism. 

At the beginning of the recording, the host introduces the subject saying “Crime is low and rents are high in NY but graffiti is back”. And he wonders if “graffiti can be considered as art or not and why is making a comeback.” 

This host, Soterios is interviewing the art critic Deborah Solomon who seems to think that graffiti should be decriminalized in NY City. 

Then, we heard of Banksy, a British street artist. He is staging “an artist’s residency” and creating a new piece of street art almost every day at different locations throughout NY City. He is supported by other artists because sixteen artists saved Five Pointz from demolition. It’s said in the recording that they “got a restraining order against the demolition of the warehouse”. 5Pointz is an American mural space in Long Island City in New York City, whose murals were exhibited mainly on the exterior walls of the building, drawn by artists from the world over. As of August 2014, 5 Pointz was in the process of being torn down. 

Michael Bloomberg served as Mayor of NY City from 2002 to 2013. He is known to be a conservative mayor, we heard in the interview that “he has enacted some fairly tough laws against graffiti artists”. He says that “running up to somebody’s property or public property and defacing it is not [his] definition of art. Or it may be art, but it shouldn't be permitted. And [he] thinks that’s exactly what the law says.” 

We can also ask us if the painting of graffiti needs to involve a risky, illegal element to inspire creativity and generate great art. In the recording, the answer is that yes, some "artists need to feel strong emotions, to be in danger, to go beyond limits to become creative". However, it's also said "artists can’t really be inspired if they are always afraid of being caught by the police and given fines or sent to jail." 

Some graffiti can just be called tags for signature and have nothing to do with art but there are other graffiti painters who really can be considered as artists because of their style imagination and creativity. It could be made legal in some places reserved for graffiti like warehouses, walls, bridges, tunnels… 

For my part it’s difficult to say if graffiti is good or not. On the one hand, they can be seen as act of vandalism because it sometimes makes the country look untidy and not well kept. Moreover, graffiti may be truly illegal because painting on someone else's or public property is illegal. And often, others have to clean it up. It costs people, private companies and local authorities money to remove it. It’s expensive to clear up. 

But on the other hand, they can truly be artistic and improve the look of the area. Graffiti can be a mini work of art which brightens up an otherwise boring wall. An artist that has made use of a run-down building to create their art is in fact using his environment to its full potential. Sometimes graffiti is used to paint murals in connection with youth club work etc. 

It can be good, dependent on context: Graffiti artists are talented so I enjoy looking at their work when it's in a place where people can appreciate. It needs the right context and surroundings to earn respect in its own right, and not be seen as vandalism. I think there needs to be a distinction between real street art and simple bad graffiti or tagging. Street art can enliven drab areas of housing or the urban environment. Bad graffiti is a vulgar cartoon or a simple scribble, swear words or a pointless and usually misspelled note. Good graffiti can carry an important message. I can tolerate graffiti that has a sense of humour or irony and expresses a comment about society. I think it can be an important form of artistic expression. Some graffiti can be very powerful, and a worthwhile means of self-expression. I think it’s a way for people to make their feelings clear - often people who feel that society isn’t listening to their vocal complaints.

• E-Bahut

Bonsoir,

Last week we heard an audio document about "Graffiti". The question was to know if graffiti should be seen as an act of virtuosity or vandalism. 

At the beginning of the recording, the host introduces the subject saying “Crime is low and rents are high in NY but graffiti is back”. And he wonders if “graffiti can be considered as art or not and why it is making a comeback.” 

This host, Soterios is interviewing the art critic Deborah Solomon who seems to think that graffiti should be decriminalized in NY City. 

Then, we heard of Banksy, a British street artist. He is staging “an artist’s residency” and creating a new piece of street art almost every day at different locations throughout NY City. He is supported by other artists because sixteen artists saved Five Pointz from demolition. It’s said in the recording that they “got a restraining order against the demolition of the warehouse”. 5Pointz is an American mural space in Long Island City in New York City, whose murals were exhibited mainly on the exterior walls of the building, drawn by artists from the world over. As of August 2014, 5 Pointz was in the process of being torn down. 

Michael Bloomberg served as Mayor of NY City from 2002 to 2013. He is known to be a conservative mayor, we heard in the interview that “he has enacted some fairly tough laws against graffiti artists”. He says that “running up to somebody’s property or public property and defacing it is not [his] definition of art. Or it may be art, but it shouldn't be permitted. And [he] thinks that’s exactly what the law says.” 

We can also ask us ourselves if the painting of graffiti needs to involve a risky, illegal element to inspire creativity and generate great art. In the recording, the answer is that yes, some "artists need to feel strong emotions, to be in danger, to go beyond limits to become creative". However, it's also said "artists can’t really be inspired if they are always afraid of being caught by the police and given fines or sent to jail." 

Some graffiti can just be called tags for signature and have nothing to do with art but there are other graffiti painters who really can be considered as artists because of their style imagination and creativity. It could be made legal in some places reserved for graffiti like warehouses, walls, bridges, tunnels… 

For my part it’s difficult to say if graffiti is good or not. On the one hand, they can be seen as act of vandalism because it sometimes makes the country look untidy and not well kept. Moreover, graffiti may be truly illegal because painting on someone else's or public property is illegal. And often, others have to clean it up. It costs people, private companies and local authorities money to remove it. It’s expensive to clear up. 

But on the other hand, they can truly be artistic and improve the look of the area. Graffiti can be a mini work of art which brightens up an otherwise boring wall. An artist that has made use of a run-down building to create their art is in fact using his environment to its full potential. Sometimes graffiti is used to paint murals in connection with youth club work etc. 

It can be good, dependent on context: Graffiti artists are talented so I enjoy looking at their work when it's in a place where people can appreciate. It needs the right context and surroundings to earn respect in its own right, and not be seen as vandalism. I think there needs to be a distinction between real street art and simple bad graffiti or tagging. Street art can enliven drab areas of housing or the urban environment. Bad graffiti is a vulgar cartoon or a simple scribble, swear words or a pointless and usually misspelled note. Good graffiti can carry an important message. I can tolerate graffiti that has a sense of humour or irony and expresses a comment about society. I think it can be an important form of artistic expression. Some graffiti can be very powerful, and a worthwhile means of self-expression. I think it’s a way for people to make their feelings clear - often people who feel that society isn’t listening to their vocal complaints.

Good job, as usual! smile.png

Archivé

Ce sujet est désormais archivé et ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

• Créer...
spam filtering
spam filtering