Aller au contenu

Besoin D'aide Pour Corriger Quelques Fautes

Lebe-dein-leben

Messages recommandés

Bonjour à tous, voici l'oral que j'ai préparé sur le thème de rencontre avec l'autre. Pourriez-vous jeter un coup d'oeil pour corriger des fautes afin que mon oral se passe mieux? :) Merci d'avance!

INTRO:

What I would like to do is to explain the 3 documents in my file. The subject is meeting people.

I've chosen this notion because I think it's an interesting and universal theme. Indeed friendship, love, human interactions are often the central theme of novels. Writers of all time delight in analysing happy or conflicting relationships. And in our lives every day we also meet people, that's why we can identify ourselves with the characters and the situation, which consequently affects me more, compared to the fantastic stories or science fiction for example.

So the first document is the episode in the book Pride & Predjudice that we studied, when the 2 main characters meet for the first time, it was written in 1813. Then the second document is a photo from a film version of the book. And the third document is the script of the film adaptation of the book Bridget Jones' Diary written by Helen Fielding in 1996. The story of Bridget Jones' Diary is based on the story of Pride & Prejudice, we can find many similarities.

DOC 1:

So let's have a look at this passage from Pride & Prejudice.

First, to summarize the story in a nutshell, it's the story of the Bennet family. They were living in the country in England in the 18th century. They were in fact 5 girls living with their parents. The problem for their mother was to fix them up with a husband. Indeed in the 18th century marriages were arranged and money was very important. In a respectable family, she didn't work so she depended totally on her husband.

The passage takes place at a local country dance. Are presents Mr. Bingley and Mr Darcy, they are friends and both rich. Bingley is fascinated by the eldest Bennet sister Jane. He wants to persuade his friend Darcy to dance with the sister Elizabeth Bennet. But Darcy is proud and prejudiced: he thinks that Elizabeth (or Lizzie) isn't good enough for him. He's very rude and she hears him say "she is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me". This first meeting is a disaster! But as the story develops Darcy falls in love with Lizzie and the ending is happy. It's often the case in romantic fiction.

Jane Austen wrote novels which observed English society in an ironical. The book starts with the famous line "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife". She showed how 18th century girls were obsessed by marriage and money.

The author has a clear message in her fiction: when you meet someone for the first time you must be careful, because first impressions come from what you can see. She wants that girls are sensible about boys and love. You need sense and sensibility when you meet someone.

DOC 2:

In this photo from a film version of the book, we can see the relationship between Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy. After their disastrous encounter, the two characters end up falling in love but are too proud and so take a long time to admit it. Lizzie says "he and I are so similar... we're both so stubborn". Meeting and marriage was difficult for young people. Parents arranged marriages and it was only at dances and out on walks in the country that young people might meet. Fortunately, Darcy eventually declares himself in Lizzie "I would have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul and I love and love and love you" and the story ends with a successful marriage.

DOC 3:

So in the film script of Bridget Jones' Diary Jane Austen's "she is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me" has become "Mother I do not need a blind date. Particularly with some verbally incontinent spinster who smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish and dresses like her mother."

Finally Bridget Jones is a modern of Elizabeth Bennet. Here she meets Mr Darcy for the first time. But the times have changed, so contrary to Lizzie, Bridget is a modern career girl, she has got a job and a flat in London, she's independent. But like Elizabeth, her mother wants her to get married. The first meeting between Bridget and Mr Darcy is a disaster like in Pride and Prejudice. She hears what Darcy says about her. But after a relationship with bad-boy Daniel Cleaver, Bridget finally uses her mind and understands that Darcy is in fact in love with her. Again there is a happy ending after a disastrous first meeting.

• E-Bahut

Bonsoir,

INTRO:

What I would like to do is (to) explain the 3 documents in my file. The subject is meeting people.

I've chosen this notion because I think it's an interesting and universal theme. Indeed friendship, love, human interactions are often the central theme of novels. Writers of all time delight in analysing happy or conflicting relationships. And in our everyday lives we also meet people, that's why we can identify ourselves with the characters and the situation, which consequently affects me more, compared to the fantastic stories or science fiction for example.

So the first document is the episode in the book Pride & Predjudice that we studied, when the 2 main characters meet for the first time, it was written in 1813. Then the second document is a photo from a film version of the book. And the third document is the script of the film adaptation of the book Bridget Jones' Diary written by Helen Fielding in 1996. The story of Bridget Jones' Diary is based on the story of Pride & Prejudice, we can find many similarities.

DOC 1:

So let's have a look at this passage from Pride & Prejudice.

First, to summarize the story in a nutshell, it's the story of the Bennet family. They were living in the country in England in the 18th century. They were in fact 5 girls living with their parents. The problem for their mother was to fix them up with a husband. Indeed in the 18th century marriages were arranged and money was very important. In a respectable family, she a wife didn't work so she depended totally on her husband.<Un pronom doit obligatoirement renvoyer à un nom sans la moindre ambiguïté.

The passage takes place at a local country dance. Are presents Mr. Bingley and Mr Darcy are present / are attending, <L'inversion verbe-adjectif-sujet n'est pas recevable et l'adjectif est INVARIABLE they are friends and both rich. Bingley is fascinated by the eldest Bennet sister Jane. He wants to persuade his friend Darcy to dance with the sister Elizabeth Bennet. But Darcy is proud and prejudiced: he thinks that Elizabeth (or Lizzie) isn't good enough for him. He's very rude and she hears him say "she is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me". This first meeting is a disaster! But as the story develops Darcy falls in love with Lizzie and the ending is happy. It's often the case in romantic fiction.

Jane Austen wrote novels which observed English society in an ironical way. The book starts with the famous line "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife". She showed how 18th century girls were obsessed by marriage and money.

The author has a clear message in her fiction: when you meet someone for the first time you must be careful, because first impressions come from what you can see. She wants that girls are to be sensible about boys and love. You need sense and sensibility when you meet someone.

DOC 2:

In this photo from a film version of the book, we can see the relationship between Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy. After their disastrous encounter, the two characters end up falling in love but are too proud and so take a long time to admit it. Lizzie says "he and I are so similar... we're both so stubborn". Meeting and marriage was difficult for young people. Parents arranged marriages and it was only at dances and out on walks in the country that young people might meet. Fortunately, Darcy eventually declares himself in his love to Lizzie "I would have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul and I love and love and love you" and the story ends with a successful marriage.

DOC 3:

So in the film script of Bridget Jones' Diary Jane Austen's "she is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me" has become "Mother I do not need a blind date. Particularly with some verbally incontinent spinster who smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish and dresses like her mother."

Finally Bridget Jones is a modern counterpart / duplicate of Elizabeth Bennet. Here she meets Mr Darcy for the first time. But the times have changed, so contrary to Lizzie, Bridget is a modern career girl, she has got a job and a flat in London, she's independent. But like Elizabeth, her mother wants her to get married. The first meeting between Bridget and Mr Darcy is a disaster like in Pride and Prejudice. She hears what Darcy says about her. But after a relationship with bad-boy Daniel Cleaver, Bridget finally uses her mind and understands that Darcy is in fact in love with her. Again there is a happy ending after a disastrous first meeting.

Good job, smile.png yet keep an eye on the use of the definite article. wink.png

Archivé

Ce sujet est désormais archivé et ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

• Créer...
spam filtering
spam filtering